1 boiler chicken, but up, about 3 pounds
1 tsp of paprika
3 T of olive oil
1 c of chopped onion
1 c of chopped green bell pepper
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 pound smoked sausages thinly sliced
2 cans (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup long-grain rice
2 teaspoons leaf thyme, crumbled
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
1 pound Shrimp, shelled and deveined
1. Wash chicken and pat dry.
2. Rub chicken with paprika.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
4. Add chIcken and cook until lightly browned and remove from skillet.
5. Add onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic to skillet and saute on low heat, until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
7. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, thyme, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
8. Add chicken and turn to coat with sauce.
9. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
10. Stir in shrimp and cook about 3 minutes longer, until shrimp turns pink.