* If it's broken . . . fix it; don't buy more stuff that will clutter up the house.
* If it's on . . . turn it off; use natural light instead of artificial.
* If you can grow it . . . plant a garden; grow your own veggies, herbs, and flowers. The kids are excited and learn more and you exercise more while saving money.
* If you can rent it . . . don't buy it; go to the library, invest in NetFlicks, shop around.
* If your friends own it . . . borrow it; borrow, trade, and barter, just don't steal!
* If you're hungry . . . cook; don't buy food that is bad for you, cook healthier versions at home.
*If you have it . . . use it; make a list of all the possible dinners you can make based on what is currently in your pantry. Scratch each meal off your list as you cook it. This helps you use what you have and it keeps food from spoiling or getting lost in the freezer.
* If you owe someone . . . pay them back; this includes your bills and your friends/parents.
* If you still want it . . . save up for it; if something is that important (home upgrades, college tuition, family vacation) you'll set aside money each month and delay gratification.