8 Cornish hens (between 1 and 1 1/2 pounds each)
12 large cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
4 T dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup pitted prunes
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup pitted green olives
1/2 cup capers, plus a bit of the juice
8 bay leaves
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup dry white wine
4 T chopped Italian parsley
1. Clean hens will under cold water. Pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, combine hens, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil, prunes, apricots, olives, capers (with juice) and bay leaves. Cover and regrigerate overnight to marinate.
3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Arrange game hens in 1 or 2 shallow roasting pans.Spoon all the marinade over the hens. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and pour wine around them.
5. Bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours, basting frequently, until golden.
6. Transfer hens, fruit, olives and capers to a serving platter. Moisten with pan juices and sprinkle with parsley.
7. Pass remaining pan juices in a sauceboat.