4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lime, cut in half
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 bay leaves
3 cups chicken broth (canned is fine)
2 jalapeρo peppers
1 onion, quartered
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup salsa
2 teaspoons cumin
24 flour tortilla
1. Remove remaining fat and skin from chicken.
2. Rub lime halves all over chicken and allow to sit to impart flavor.
3. In a large pot, bring next 6 ingredients to a boil.
4. Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes, depending on size).
5. Meanwhile, mix salsa, cumin and chili powder in a large bowl.
6. Drain chicken until it is cool enough to handle.
7. Add chicken to salsa mixture and shred chicken with two forks, stirring to distribute salsa and seasoning.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. In a mixing bowl, combine salsa, olives, and chicken. Heat tortillas in microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds.
10. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of each warmed tortilla and roll the tortillas tightly, using toothpicks to keep them closed. (add Mexican cheese if want)
11. Heat oil in skillet over a high heat. When the oil is hot, place the rolled taco into the oil and deep fry until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and serve.