When your life seems busy and your days hard to get through, consider these instructions given to a young bride by her Kentucky grandmother. It is printed just as her third grade education allowed her to communicate.
1. Bild fire in back yard to heet kittle of rain water.
2. Set tubs so no smoke won't blow in yor eyes if wind gets pert.
3. Shave on hole cake of lie soap in biling water.
4. Sort things, making these piles, 1 pile white, 1 pile cullord, 1 pile work britches and rags.
5. Stur flour in cold water to smoothe, then thin down with biling water.
6. Rub dirty spots on scrub board, scrub hard, then bile. Rub collord but don't bile, just rench and starch.
7. Take white things out of kittle with brown shiels handle, then rench, blew and starch.
8. Spread tee towles on grass.
9. Hang old rags on fence.
10. Pour rench wter on flower beds.
11. Scrub porch with hot soapy water.
12. Turn tubs upside down.
13. Go put on clean dress, smash hair with side combs, brew cup of tea, set and rest and rock a spell and count yor blessings.