Beat eggs, adding sugar gradually. Beat until smooth. Add cooled melted margarine and vanilla or anise. Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture. Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon.
Baking/ PIZZELLE CHEF Instructions:
1. When using for first time, PIZZELLE CHEF will smoke for a short while due to machining oiling used in manufacture. This is normal.
2. It is not necessary to season grids before using as shortening is included in the recipe and repeated use will season the grids.
3. Plug cord into 110-120 volts A.C. wall outlet and preheat with grids closed. Your light is now on. When light goes off, proper temperature has been reached and you can begin baking.
4. Place a heaping teaspoonful of batter in the center of each grid pattern to make full sized pizzelles.
5. Clip handles together during baking. It is not necessary to hold handles during baking. Escaping steam passes through handles and can cause a burn.
6. Discard the first 2 pizzelles from new grids.
7. As you bake pizzelles continuously, the light will go on and off, indicating that the thermostat is automatically keeping grids at the baking temperature.
8. Bake until golden brown. Baking time is half a minute, but will vary slightly with personal preference for browning, consistency of batter, and size of pizzelles.
9. If there is a delay of a few minutes after removing baked pizzelles and grids are left closed, the next pizzelles will bake in less time due to stored heat in the grids.
10. When you are through baking, disconnect cord and leave PIZZELLE CHEF open to cool.