"A man who was fond of wine was offered some grapes at dessert after dinner. "Much obliged," said he, pushing the plate aside; "I am not accustomed to take my wine in pills."--Jean Antheleme Brillat-Savarin, The Physiology of Taste

Rainforest Frog Cupcakes Recipe

  Tried it? Rate this Recipe:
 

 

This recipe for Rainforest Frog Cupcakes, by , is from Keep On Smiling, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. We help families or individuals create heirloom cookbook treasures.

Contributor:  
Contributor:  
Isabelle
Added: Monday, June 29, 2009

Category:
Category:

Ingredients:  
Ingredients:  
Pre-bake cupcakes from your favorite cupcake recipe

Cupcakes
Watery blue or Green frosting
Green gumdrop
White chocolate chip or 2 Red M & M's
black icing

Directions:
Directions:
Start with a batch of cupcakes frosted a watery blue. For each one, slice a large green gumdrop in half. Add to top half of cupcake. Press the tip of a white chocolate chip into the cut surface of each half, centering it near the bottom edge. Squirt a dab of black decorators' icing onto each chip. Then press the frog eyes into the frosting.

* May add red licorice for mouth
* Also may substitute 2 white marshmellows in place of green gumdrops for eyes.

Personal Notes:
Personal Notes:
Isabelle supports the Princes Rainforest Project. To Learn more visit, www.rainforestsos.org. One of the most important chemotherapy medicines administered to her during treatment came from a plant derivative of the rainforest, known as vincristine. Vincristine is derived from the periwinkle plant in the rainforest. Survival rates were very low until this important plant was discovered in the rainforest. It is one of the key medicinal plant derivatives used to provide researchers with medical treatments to help children as well as adults become cancer free. 70% of the plants identified as having anti-cancer characteristics by the US National Cancer Institute are found only in the tropical rainforest. Scientists have only learned how to use 1% of these amazing plants so imagine the endless possibilities with the other 99% of undiscovered pants in the rainforest. If we did not have the rainforest, lives could not be saved.

 

 

 

Learn more about the process to create a cookbook -- or
Start your own personal family cookbook right now!  Here's to good eating!

Search for more great recipes here from over 500,000 in our family cookbooks!

 

Bookmark and Share

 

 

1383W  

Cookbooks are great for Holiday Gifts, Wedding Gifts, Bridal Shower ideas and Family Reunions!

*Recipes and photos entered into the Family Cookbook Project are provided by the submitting contributors. All rights are retained by the contributor. Please contact us if you believe copyright violations have occurred.


Search for more great recipes here from over 500,000 in our family cookbooks!