1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 pkg (3 1/2 oz) cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 pkg active dry yeast (1/4 oz pkg each)
1/4 cup warm water
2 tsp salt
5 to 5 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup flaked coconut
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
1. Set aside 2 Tbsp evaporated milk for frosting. In saucepan, combine pudding mix and remaining milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in butter until melted. Let stand until mixture cools (110-115º).
2. In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. beat in eggs, salt, 2 cups flour and pudding mixture until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to for soft dough.
3. Turn onto floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest and rise in warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch dough down, turn onto lightly floured surface and divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 15 in circle. Combine filling ingredients, spread 1/2 cup over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end. Place pointed side down, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
6. Frosting: combine the brown sugar, butter, and reserved evaporated milk in saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners sugar until smooth. Add water (warm) if needed to desired consistency. Frost rolls.