1/2 c. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, halved
1 c. dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
4 8" long woody sprigs fresh rosemary or bamboo skewers, soaked at least 30 min. in water
2 T. fresh rosemary, chopped (or 2 t. dried)
4 large, skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
10 c. torn romaine lettuce leaves
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1 loaf Italian bread
A really good Caesar Salad Dressing
* In small saucepan, heat oil over med. heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; transfer garlic to food processor fitted with chopping blade. Set pan aside with garlic flavored oil.
* Add dried tomatoes to garlic and process until smooth paste forms, stopping occasionally to scrape down side of container with rubber spatula; set tomato mixture aside.
* To make breast an even thickness, cut from thinner part of breast toward thicker, being careful not to cut through, and fold out; pound breast to flatten to about a 7" x 5" rectangle.
* Spread about 3 T. tomato mixture to within 1/4" from edges of breast; sprinkle with 1 t. fresh or 1/2 t dried rosemary. From shorter end, roll up each breast and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
* Evenly cut each breast across into 4 slices, jelly-roll style; carefully thread the 4 slices onto each skewer, through the side of the jelly-rolled chicken.
* Grill, turning frequently, until lightly browned and done, about 20 minutes.
* Slice Italian bread in half lengthwise, brush with garlic flavored oil; toast on grill. Or cut into 1" cubes, toss with oil, place on a cookie sheet in 400º oven to make croutons, or skewer the bread cubes and toast them on the grill.
* Line plates with 2-1/2 c. romaine; top with chicken on skewer; sprinkle with Parmesan and croutouns, and top with the Caesar Dressing.