1. Fill a pot with at least 1 quart water and bring it to a boil.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and rice. Cover pot and cook rice at a moderate boil, about 20 minutes, until al dente.
2. Drain rice and rinse with cold water.
3. While the rice is cooking, put eggs in another pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. When boiling turn off heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs. Peel.
4. Cut red pepper in half and remove the core, seeds and white pith. Cut the pepper into 1 inch strips.
5. Sliver olives.
6. Drain tuna and place in a large serving bowl. Add eggs, cut into wedges. Add red pepper, olives, capers and cooked rice.
7. Add the olive oil and vinegar, season with salt and toss well.
Serve at room temperature.