1. In a large mixer bowl combine sugar and butter.
2. Beat at medium speed until creamy (1-2 min.).
3. Add egg and almond extract continue beating
4. Until well mixed (1 minute).
5. Reduce speed to low; beat, gradually adding flour and cocoa,
scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1-2 min.).
6. Divide dough into thirds.
7. Wrap each third in waxed paper; refrigerate until firm (1-2 hrs).
8. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
9. With floured hands, shape dough, one
third at a time (keep remaining dough refrigerated)
into 1 inch balls.
10. Form balls into desired shapes (balls,
squares, logs) or use cookie press.
11. Place 1 in. apart on
12. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until set (surface
may crack slightly). Cool.