1. In a large mixing bowl stir together 2 cups of flour and the yeast.
2. In a medium sauce pan heat and stir milk, sugar, butter and salt till warm (120-130) and butter almost melts.
3. Add milk mixture to flour mixture along with the eggs.
4. Beat with flat blade in electric mixer for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly.
5. Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
6. Stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
7. Change to dough hook and knead until dough becomes shiny & elastic (about 8 minutes).
8. Shape the dough into a ball, place in a lightly greased bowl, turn once.
9. Cover, let rise in warm place till double (about 1 hour).
10. Punch dough down and turn onto lightly floured surface.
11. Divide dough in half and let rest for 10 minutes.
12. Lightly grease baking sheet or muffin cups.
13. Shape dough into desired rolls and place on prepared baking sheets or muffin cups. At this stage you can either set the dough out for the second rise, or refrigerate for 2-12 hours.
14. Cover and let rise until double (30 minutes for warm dough, one hour if you have refrigerated).
15. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
16. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter to form a soft, shiny crust.
17. Turn out into cloth-lined basket and keep covered until ready to serve.