1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
6 chicken thighs, skinned (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp sweet paprika, preferably imported
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup no-salt chicken broth
3/4 pound ground chicken
2 tbsp grated onion
2 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 medium egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. On a large flat plate, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dust the chicken in the seasoned flour; shake off any excess.
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet coated skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook turning until browned, 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add oil to the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook 1-2 minutes. return the chicken to the pan. Add tomatoes and chicken broth, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes.
4. Make meatballs. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix until well blended. Using your hands, shape into 1 inch balls.
5. After the chicken has cooked for the 15-20 minutes gently add the meatballs to the saucepan and simmer, loosely covered for 30 minutes.