3/4 of 16 oz. pkg. spaghetti or linguine
1/2 sm. bunch broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 2 c.)
2 tbsp. olive or salad oil
1 (12 oz.) pkg. mushrooms, each cut in half
1 sm. onion, minced
1 sm. carrot, cut into matchstick thin strips
1 sm. red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated skim milk
2 tsp. chicken flavor instant bouillon
1 1/4 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
1 med. size tomato, seeded and diced
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. minced parsley
About 40 minutes before serving:
1. In saucepot, prepare spaghetti as label directs; drain. Return spaghetti to saucepot; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan over high heat, in 1 inch boiling water, heat broccoli pieces to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender-crisp; drain.
3. While broccoli is cooking, in 12 inch skillet over high heat, in hot olive or salad oil, cook mushrooms, onion and carrot, stirring frequently, until vegetables are golden and tender-crisp. Add red pepper strips and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender.
4. In 2 cup measuring cup, with fork, mix evaporated skim milk, chicken bouillon, cornstarch and salt.
5. Into vegetable mixture in skillet, stir evaporated milk mixture. Over high heat, heat to boiling; boil 1 minute. Add diced tomato, Parmesan cheese, parsley, broccoli and spaghetti, tossing to coat well; heat through.
Makes 6 main dish servings.