1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb bacon chopped
1-2 cups mushrooms (any type)
1 lb cups Arborio rice
2 ½- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 cups champagne
Black pepper, freshly ground
Few Tabs butter
2 c Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon, onion and mushrooms separately until cooked, set aside
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add risotto (rice), stirring to coat each grain. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until very lightly toasted
4. Add 1 cup hot stock. Cook rice, stirring, until stock is almost absorbed. Keep adding hot stock until absorbed
5. Add 1 cup champagne. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
6. When almost absorbed, add the rest of the champagne.
7. Add the stock in small amounts until rice is tender, about 20 minutes from when put in the first cup of stock.
8. Stir in minced salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste).
9. Add the butter and cheese.
10. Stir well and then let the risotto rest for 3-5 minutes.
11. Taste for seasoning, (you may add cooked shrimp or anything else that you desire