1. Melt butter and mix with the dark brown sugar.
2. In a 4 quart pyrex dish spread the sugar mix on the bottom.
3. Slice the challah into 1 inch slices and place on top of the
4. Mix in a bowl the milk, eggs, salt and vanilla extract. Pour
over the challah.
5. The challah will start to float, keep pushing it down until it is
6. Leave in the refrigerator overnight to soak.
7. Before putting the challah in the oven, sprinkle cinnamon
and sugar on top. (optional bananas too)
8. Bake at 350º for 1 hour