1 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
6 T. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 of a 3 oz. package of cream cheese (3 T.), softened
1 c. granulated sugar
3 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 T. confectioner's sugar
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
1. Grease 8 x 8" metal baking pan and then line with foil; grease foil.
2. Crust: In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat flour, confectioner's sugar, butter, and cream cheese until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat until dough forms, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
3. With fingertips, press dough into bottom of pan. Bake crust 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Lemon filling: From lemons, grate 1 tsp. peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, lemon peel, and lemon juice until smooth.
5. Pour filling over warm crust. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is set and light golden. Transfer pan to wire rack.
6. Sprinkle confectioner's sugar over warm filling. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Transfer with foil to cutting board. Run knife between foil and dessert to separate.
8. Cut into 8 strips by 3 strips.