1. To make the marinade: In a medium bowl whisk together the first seven (marinade)ingredients.
2. Trim the pork loin of any excess fat.
3. Place the roast in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
4. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
5. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
6. Remove the roast from the bag and discard the marinade.
7. Roast at 450 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 155F. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
8. Cut pork into thin slices.
9. Layer pork, cheese, ham and pickles between slices of bread.
10. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until surface shimmers. Add two sandwiches and cover with foil. Weight down with a heavy skillet or one or two heavy cans, or a brick covered with foil. (Or use a panini pan!)
11. Cook until sandwiches are brown on bottom, turn and brown other side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Cut and serve immediately.