New York Pizza Dough:
1. Add the water, yeast and half the flour. Combine thoroughly with a spoon. Mixing until the batter is smooth.
2. Add the salt and the remaining flour and mix with a spoon until the dough is "shaggy".
3. Scrape the dough from the bowl and begin to knead. Knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Spray your mixing bowl with non-stick spray. Place the dough into the mixing bowl and cover with plastic.
5. Ferment the dough for 2 hours.
6. Lightly flour the work surface and turn the dough onto the surface. With a bench scrape, divide the dough into 2 pieces. Form the pieces of dough into rounds. Place the rounds on a lightly oiled sheet tray and cover with plastic. Refrigerate over night or up to 3 days before using.
New York Pizza Sauce:
1. In a sauce pan saute' the onions in the oil over medium heat until the onions become translucent; 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the chopped garlic to the sauce pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree, oregano, basil, Italian parsley, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. The sauce should thicken.
4. Remove the sauce from the heat and cool before the next step.
5. Once the sauce has cooled, place the sauce in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
6. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed. The sauce can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator before using if frozen.
Bake the finished pizza at 500º for 5 to 6 minutes or until nicely done.