1 pkg dry active yeast (NOT rapid rise)
1 cup warm water (105-110 degrees)
2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil (or cooking spray)
Toppings of choice for each pizza, including:
approx. 4 oz. mozzarella Cheese
Can or jar of favorite sauce (not in original recipe, but we used small amount)
1. Sprinkle yeast and pinch of sugar, salt and pepper over warm water in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly. Stir in oil.
2. Pulse together flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, salt and pepper a food processor. (Or by hand.) With motor running, pour yeast mixture thru feeding tube; process 1 minute.
3. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top.
4. Cover and let rise in warm, draft free place until double in bulk, about 1 hour. ( Can be made ahead. Cover and let rise overnight in refrigerator.)
5. Punch down. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Cover and rest 15 min.
6. Prepare covered charcoal grill for indirect grill. For gas grill, heat to medium high. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into 8” circle. Stack dough between sheets of waxed or parchment paper that have been sprinkled with corn meal.
7. Brush tops with oil. Grill dough, oil side down over medium heat-high heat until browned and firm, about 6 min. Transfer dough to clean surface, grilled side up. Add sauce and arrange desired toppings on grilled side of each pizza.
8. Cover and grill assembled pizza until cheeses melt and toppings soften, about 4-6 min.
(Tip: Have toppings assembled before you start cooking, because it’s ready so quickly.)