1) Remove meat from refrigerator at least one hour before
cooking. Sprinkle liberally with course salt.
2) After 1 hour, pat the meat dry with paper towels.
3) Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position, place rimmed
baking sheet on oven rack and heat oven to 450º F. Heat 10
inch heavy bottomed skillet (not nonstick) over high heat on
stove top until very hot, about three minutes. 4) Rub each side of steaks with 1/2 tsp of oil and sprinkle with a little more salt and some ground black pepper. Place steaks in skillet and cook, without moving until well browned and nice crust has formed (about 3 minutes). Turn with tongs and cook second side, about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and use tongs to transfer steaks to the baking sheet.
5) Roast 2 to 4 minutes for very RARE, 4 to 6 minutes for rare, 6 to 8 minutes for medium.
6) Transfer to plate and loosely tent and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.