2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for pan (or use spray)
4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
½ cup granulated sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
½ cup milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup (2sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Powder Sugar for dusting
1. Place rack in center of oven and heat to 325. Lightly brush a 9 by 12 inch baking pan with canola oil, dust with flour and tap to remove excess. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 ½ cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together egg, milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg.
4. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 ½ cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour melted butter over flour mixture and toss with a rubber spatula until large crumbs form.
6. Sprinkle crumbs over batter and bake 10 minutes.
7. Rotate pan and bake an additional 10 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Dust with powder sugar.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
***Batter will be sticky, so wet an offset spatula or whatever to help you spread it out. It will also turn out to be a very thin layer of batter.