1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
3. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Add baking powder, salt, and ¾ - 1 c. flour. Mix on low until mixture begins to combine, then add remainder of flour and mix, scraping down sides as needed.
5. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a ball and gently knead in any desired nuts, fruits, etc.
6. Shape each ball into a log and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten, pressing sides and ends of the logs to even and flatten.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center of the log is almost firm and bounces back when touched.
8. Let the logs cool on the baking sheet for at least 30 mins.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut the logs into desired thickness, pressing straight through (not sawing).
10. Place the biscotti back on baking sheet (may need additional sheet depending on number of biscotti/thickness of cookies) and bake an additional 12-16 mins., until dry. Watch that biscotti do not begin to brown on bottom. Biscotti will crisp as they cool.