1. In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup warm water, packet of yeast, and teaspoon of sugar, and let dissolve.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the cottage cheese and butter over medium heat. Stir occasionally as it fully melts and combines. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, add the sugar, dried onion, dill seeds, salt, and baking soda. Stir.
4. Pour in the cottage cheese/butter mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add in the egg and dissolved yeast and stir.
6. Stir in flour, 1/3 cup at a time, until a medium soft dough forms. I used 2 2/3 cups. I used my hands to get it to come together.
7. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl and turn the bowl to coat. Add your dough and coat with olive oil. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 50-60 minutes.
8. After it has risen, punch it down, then place it in a greased 8" round (2 quart) casserole dish. Let it rise again for 30 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350º F while it's rising. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
10. Once done, remove from oven and immediately brush with butter and sprinkle on kosher salt.
11. Let cool then serve.