1) Use a PRIME RIB THAT HAS A BONE IN IT - so you can use it for natural roasting rack.
2) Mix dry ingredients and rub Parkay butter all over Prime Rib. Then add RUB all over Prime Rib.
3) HOT TIP: Let the roast sit out at room temperature for (2) TWO HOURS before you put it in the oven. The longer it sits out even for (4) FOUR hours the better it is.
4) WHILE ROAST IS SITTING ON IT'S LAST 30 MINUTES. PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 500ºF. Remember place the roast in a high sided roasting pan with the bone side down. The bone creates a natural roasting rack for the meat.
5) IMPORTANT: Formula for cooking Prime Rib: The total weight from the Prime Rib noted on the label or from the weigh scale. Put this in your calculator. For example weight is 11.88 x 5 = 59.40 (round this to the nearest minute) 60 minutes. The Prime Rib goes in the middle of the oven uncovered for exactly that many minutes. Use the countdown on your phone for that many minutes, cooking at 500ºF degrees.
6) TURN OFF YOUR OVEN when the time is up DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN. DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVEN. Hee Hee.....Set the timer now for two hours and let the roast rest. It will finish cooking ITSELF and be at a medium/rare to rare/medium.
7) To make slicing the meat easier. Cut the bone out and save it to eat with BBQ sauce later.
Pan drippings from roast and 1-1/2 cups
3/4 cup red wine
2 cups of beef stock
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Strain drippings from roasting pan, skim fat from drippings. Place roasting pan over 2 burners, heat on medium high, and add in drippings, stir to deglaze, add in wine and stock, reduce by 1/3, and 5 minutes on steady boil, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat, add in butter. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Strain once more into serving vessel.