1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside
2. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add chicken breasts and cook until deep golden brown on both sides and done in the middle.
5. Remove from the skillet, slice into thin strips, and set asside
6. Add additional 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet, followed by the minced garlic. Stir the garlic around the pan to avoid burning, and cook for 1 minute.
7. Pour in wine (or broth), then let it bubble up and reduce for 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
8. Add half and half, cream, and extra salt and pepper, whisking constntly until it's all combined. Allow liquid to heat up and thicken for a few minutes. If it gets too thick, you may thin it with a little chicken broth.
9. When the sauce looks good, remove it from the heat. Add Parmesan to the pan, then throw the hot pasta right on top of it. Toss a bit. Add the chicken and continue tossing until it's all combined.
10. Top with parsely and enjoy