1. in large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour.
2. shape into two 14inch rolls, then reshape each roll into
14in x 1 1/8 by 1 1/8 in block. Wrap each in plastic wrap, refridge till
3. Un wrap and cut into 1/4 in slices. Place 2 in apart on ungreased
baking sheets.SPRINKLE HALF of the cookies with the walnuts
gently pressing in the dough
4. Bake at 400 for 8 to 10 min till golden around edges.
5. Remove to wire rack to cool
in small mixing bowl, cream butter, lemon juice and orange peel. Gradually
add confectioners sugar. Tint yellow. Spread about 1 teas filling on the
bottom of plain cookies, then top with the nut topped cookies