¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup all-natural peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
11⁄3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
(preferably Bob’s Red Mill®
All-Purpose Baking Flour, red label)
1½ tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Nutella®
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
3. Add brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, and extract to a large mixing bowl; using a handheld beater,
whip mixture into a cream.
4. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat to combine.
5. Using clean hands, shape dough into 36 equal balls (about 1½ tsp. each). Place balls, a few inches apart,
on prepared baking sheets; lightly smash each ball flat with the back of a fork.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but not hard. Let cool on sheets.
7. To make cookie sandwiches, spread 1 tsp. Nutella on each cookie; place another cookie on top.
Repeat with remaining cookies.
• Dough will look dry, but will hold together once you squeeze it.
• If your dough is too dry and doesn’t hold together, you can beat in water, 1 tsp. at a time, until you reach the