1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat steak in mixture and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
4. Dip coated steak into egg mixture, coating completely, then into bread crumbs; set aside.
5. Discard any remaining coating mixture.
6. In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
7. Add steak and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally.
8. Place steak in single layer in prepared baking dish.
9. Combine potatoes and scallions and spread over steak. Sprinkle cheese over top.
10. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through and cheese is melted.