2 (15 oz) Canned Pink Salmon
5 tbs. Onion, Finely Chopped
3 tbs. Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
2 tbs. Red Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
2 Large Eggs
ĺ c.Vegetable Oil
1 tbs. Melted Butter
ĺ c. Italian Breadcrumbs
4-5 tbs. Salmon Juice
4 tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
1Ĺ tbs. Seasoning Salt
1 tbs. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Parsley Flakes
1. Chop your onions and peppers into small pieces.
2. Place a skillet over high heat.
3. Add your oil, onions, and peppers. Saute the vegetables for 2 minutes, then sit aside. The reason we sautee them is because something they donít cook thoroughly after we blend them into the fish mixture and fry them in the salmon patties. So to ensure they are sauteed and fried, we fry them separately first.
4. Open the cans of pink salmon. Preserve some of the salmon juice and drain the rest. Weíre going to be adding some of that fish juice to the mixture in a few to enhance the overall salmon flavor of the patties.
5. Remove that unappealing black skin and the bones from salmon. My family never removed the bones and you dont need too either because the bones are extremely soft but I just dont like the ideas of bones soft or not, in my salmon patties so i just remove them. Especially since sometimes they can be on the tougher side.
6. Afterwards, chop the salmon into small fine pieces.
7. Microwave your margarine or butter for 30 seconds or until melted. We need the butter to be melted before adding it to the mixture we obviously cant add it solid!!!
8. Next, add your eggs, lemon juice, salmon juice, and melted margarine or butter to a bowl.
9. Add the seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, parsley, and breadcrumbs, then stir in well.
10. Add the salmon, onions, and peppers, then stir in well again.
11. With your hands and a large spoon, shape the salmon into salmon patties shapes.
12. Place your skillet over medium-high heat.
13. Preheat the oil for 3 minutes. Once hot, add 3 salmon patties at a time, and fry for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes per side. Flip them over using 2 spatulas or else you might burn yourself and that ainít cool!!!! You will see them begin to brown on the edges when itís time to flip them over.
14. Once done, place patties on a paper toweled plate to drain excess oil. Enjoy!