1. line two large baking sheets with baking parchment. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl.
2. Separate the eggs. Put the egg whites in a large bowl.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they stand up in a peak. Whisk in the cream of tartar, food dye and 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar.
4. Add the rest of the icing sugar a tablespoon at a time, whisking well each time.
5. Add the caster sugar and ground almonds. Use a metal spoon to fold them in very gently.
6. Scoop up almost a teaspoon of the mixture. Put it on a tray. Make more blobs, spacing them out well.
7. Tap each sharply on the work surface, twice. Leave for 30 minutes.
8. heat the oven to 110ºC, 225ºF or gas mark ¼. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven. Leave the macaroons in for 15 minutes. Then leave them on the trays to cool.
9. To make the filling, mash the raspberries with a fork. Stir in the cream cheese and icing sugar.
10. Spread some filling on the flat side of the macaroon. Press on another macaroon. Fill the rest in the same way.