2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position.
2. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour
(alternatively, use a baking spray with flour in it, such as Pam with Flour or Baker's
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and all
spices. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
4. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and molasses on
medium speed until just blended.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating
until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Beat in the pumpkin. The mixture might
look grainy and curdled at this point -- that's okay.
6 Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
7. Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 65 – 75
minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack
to cool completely.
**Fresh out of the oven,the loaves have a deliciously crisp crust. If they last beyond a day, you can toast individual slices to get the same fresh-baked effect.
**Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap or place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.