Leftover Beef Bones
2 Large Carrots
1 Red Onion
4 Garlic Cloves
2 bay leaves
12oz Beef Round/ Stew Cubes, Thinly Sliced
1/4 cup Soyaki
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tbsp ground clove
5-7 whole cloves
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger
Asian Best Rice Sticks, Medium
1. Make Bone broth by adding all ingredients to pot, add water so it is about 2 inches over everything, bring to boil, then place on low heat to simmer for 4-5 hours. Make sure to remove any scum residue on top. Keep covered so water doesn’t evaporate.
2. Place in fridge overnight or keep going. If placed in fridge, remove any solidified fat in morning.
3. Take out bones, bay leaf and carrots/mushrooms. Save veggies for another recipe.
4. Add spices/sauces and 4 cups of additional water.
5. Meanwhile, heat a pan over high heat, add garlic and soyaki, then add steak. Cook for about 3 minutes until browned then pour all components into broth.
6. Simmer for at least 3 hours but more when possible.
7. If adding noodles, soak for 8 minutes then add directly to boiling broth and cook an additional 5 minutes until soft.
8. Garnish with optional ingredients.