1. First, make the marinade for the chicken breasts. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade and stir well. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and cover. Marinate the chicken for several hours. Overnight is even better.
2. When you are ready to make the sandwiches, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare to roast the chicken breasts by removing them from the marinade and placing them in a foil-lined baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken
is fully cooked. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, slice each breast very thinly with a sharp knife. If you have a meat slicer, that works even better.
3. Preheat a frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Apply butter-flavored spread or spray to the faces of the top and bottom wheat buns. Grill the bun faces lightly on the hot cooking surface until light brown.
4. Build each sandwich by first placing one-quarter of the sliced chicken on the bottom bun.
5. Spread mayonnaise on the face of the top bun.
6. Invert the top bun. On the bun, stack a tomato slice or two, then 1/4 cup of lettuce on top of that.
7. Slap the top portion of the sandwich onto the bottom and serve while the chicken is still warm. Repeat the process to make the remaining sandwiches.
Makes 4 sandwiches