* Preheat oven fan forced 180C (350 F)
* Grease a 24 cm (9 inches) pie pan with butter or coconut oil. I recommend using a non stick removable bottom pan, it will make the un molding process easier. Otherwise, glass or ceramic pan works too but you will have to serve the pie in that pan and serve from the pan. Set aside.
* In a large mixing bowl (or a food processor with the S blade attachment), add the coconut flour, beaten eggs (at room temperature), melted coconut oil (not hot, lukewarm, hot oil burn eggs!) and salt (or sweetener depending on what your making a savory pie or a sweet pie).
* Combine with a spoon (or process on medium speed until it form a crumbly dough). The dough is wet at first and dry as you go. After 30 second, use your hands to knead the dough, it shouldn't take more than 90 seconds to be able to form a dough ball. If you used the food processor, it will form a crumble of dough after 30-45 seconds. Stop the food process, gather the pieces into a ball with your hands
PRESS IN METHOD
* If you don't feel like rolling the dough, simply place the dough ball in the center tof the pie pan. Press with your hand to flatten the ball. It will becomes crumbly again, that is what you want to have a lovely shortbread coconut pie crust. Use your finger to spread and press evenly the dough all over the pan and press to stick the dough to the pan until it forms a lovely smooth crust.
* Use the back of a spoon to press the dough to the pan and smoothen the surface. The more you press the more it will hold together when serving.
* Place the dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper, press another piece of parchment paper on top. Yes, you don't have to refridgerate the dough at this stage!
* Roll the dough, thick as regular pie crust. Refrigerate the rolled dough for 10 minutes on a flat board. It will slightly harden the dough and make it easier to flip over on the pan.
* Remove the top layer of parchment paper and flip over the crust onto the pan.
* Remove the last parchment paper layer and press the dough in the center to goes in the pan. It will crack and that is ok. Gather pieces of dough to fill holes and press them wih your fingertips to stick. Use a spoon to smoothen surface.
* Prick crust prior baking. Avoid to press the dough too much on the pan borders or it gets more difficult to serve slices without breaking.
* Pre bake 15 minutes at 350 C. Add a piece of foil on top of the crust to avoid the border to brown too fast.
* Remove from the oven, add your sweet or savory filling of your choice like quiche fillings, pumpkin filling.
* Return to the oven until the filling is set around 40-50 minutes for a pumpkin pie or 30-40 minutes for a quiche.
* If you used a removable bottom pan you will be able to unmold your pie after it cool for 3 hours in the pn at room temperature. For ceramic and glass pan, don't unmold and serve directly from the pan.
* You can prepare the dough 24 hours before. Wrap the dough ball in a plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Remove from the fridge 3 hours before rolling to soften.