1. Allow your eggs, cream cheese, butter to come to room temperature.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Grease your 10-inch loaf pan generously with butter.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine your coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer or a standup mixer beat together the room temperature butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute, vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
6. To this butter and cream cheese mixture add the 8 eggs one at a time. Making sure to scrape the bowl several times. Note that due to a large number of eggs the mixture will not fully combine, this is normal once you add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture, the ingredients will come together perfectly.
7. To the wet ingredients slowly add all the dry ingredients on a low mixing setting. Making sure to scrape the bowl a couple of times.
8. Once the two mixtures are fully combined stop using the electric mixture and fold in the 1/2 cup of sour cream gently. Making sure the sour cream gets fully incorporated into the batter but being careful to not over mix.
9. Note that the batter will be very thick and fluffy. This is the normal texture when using coconut flour exclusively in a recipe.
10. Spread the cake batter into the greased loaf pan.
11. Bake the cake for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours, that's 75-90 minutes. At the 1-hour baking, point check your cake for doneness with a toothpick. If not done allow the cake to bake for the necessary additional time. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean with just a tiny amount of cake crumb your cake will be completely baked.
12.Allow your cooked cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before unmolding. Once your cake is unmolded allow the cake to cool on a baking rake for 20 minutes.
13. While the cake bakes make the optional lemon icing.
Keto Lemon Icing
1. Comine all the ingredients in the icing except the grated lemon peel.
2. To the fully cooled cake add the optional icing by drizzling to the top of the cake. Sprinkle the top of the glaze with the grated lemon peel.