4½ cups bread flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 envelope rapid rise yeast (2¼ tsp)
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup milk
1 cup mashed, ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
2 large eggs
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans (divided)
½ cup spiced rum
1. In large mixer bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, yeast and salt.
2. Add milk; beat at low speed until well mixed.
3. In medium bowl, stir together banana and eggs; slowly beat into flour mixture.
4. Beat at medium speed until dough forms.
5. Continue beating until dough is smooth.
6. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
7. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; knead 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Roll dough into 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
9. In medium bowl with hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon at low speed until combined.
10. Spread half the mixture over dough; sprinkle half cup of pecans over top.
11. Starting at long edge, roll up jellyroll-style; pinch seam to seal.
12. Place dough seam-side down; using sharp knife, trim ½-inch from each end, then cut dough into 12 buns.
13. In medium bowl with had mixer, beat remaining butter/sugar mixture with rum at low speed until well mixed.
14. Divide mixture between two 9-inch round cake pans that have been lightly coated with no-stick spray.
15. Cover with sheet of plastic wrap that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray and chill overnight.
16. When read to bake, let Buns sit covered in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
17. Uncover and bake in 350 degree oven until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
18. Let stand 5 minutes before inverting onto 2 serving plates. Spread any sauce remaining in pans over tops of Buns.
makes 12 buns