Green Enchilada Sauce:
1 c low sodium broth
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (28 oz) Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (medium heat)
ground black pep
per to taste
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 c sour cream
1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 4 oz can mild green chilies drained
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste
6 burrito size (10") flour tortillas
1/4 c thinly sliced green onions
2 c shredded cheese (combo of cheddar and Monterey Jack is good)
Optional toppings: cilantro, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce or salsa
for Green Enchilada sauce:
1. Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in medium saucepan over LOW heat.
2. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for a minute or two until mixture is beginning to look golden brown.
Whisk in the chicken broth, enchilada sauce, salt and pepper. Increase heat to MEDIUM HIGH HEAT and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat enough to keep mixture at a low simmer and whisk lightly until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
For Enchilada Filling:
1. Combine chicken, sour cream, drained diced green chiles, and 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13x9" baking dish with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Next, place the stack of 6 tortillas between 2 paper towels and heat in microwave for 20-30 secs to soften slightly.
4. To assemble burritios (rolled enchiladas), divide the filling between tortillas and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the sauce over the top and cover the dish with foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 min. Remove foil and sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese. Return to oven abd bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly around the edges.
6. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with additional toppings of your choice.