¼ cup ketchup 2 tsp Worcestershire
2 tbsp light brown sugar ½ cup milk
2 tsp cider or white vinegar 1 lb ground chuck
½ lb ground veal
Meat Loaf: ½ lb ground pork
2 tsp vegetable oil 1⅓ cups bread crumbs
1 medium onion, chopped ⅓ cup minced parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced 8 slices thin sliced bacon
2 large eggs
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp dijon mustard
1.Glaze: mix all ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
2. Meat loaf: Preheat oven 350º. Heat oil in medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, and saute until softened, about 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
3. Mix eggs with thyme, salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire and milk. Add mixture to meat in a large bowl along with bread crumbs, parsley , cooked onions and garlic; mix until evenly blended and does not stick to the bowl. (If sticking, add additional milk)
4. Turn meat mixture onto a work surface. With wet hands, pat mixture into a loaf approx. 9x5
5. Cover a wire rack with foil; prick foil in several places. Place rack on a shallow roasting pan lined with foil. Set formed loaf on rack. Brush with glaze. Arrange bacon slices crosswise, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under loaf.
6. Bake loaf until bacon is crisp and loaf registers 160º. About an hour. Cool 20 minutes.