1 c. salad oil
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 can (8.5 ounce) crushed pineapples, drain well
3 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 c. pecans, finely chopped
1 c. raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter and flour 2 9x5 loaf pans.
3. With rotary mixer, beat eggs to blend. Add salad oil, sugar and vanilla.
4. Continue beating mixture until thick and foamy. With a spoon, stir in zucchini (slowly) and pineapple.
5. Measure raisins into small saucepan. Cover with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes, then drain.
6. Combine all-purpose flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pecans and raisins; stir dry ingredients gently into zucchini mixture just until blended.
7. Divided the batter equally between 2 pans.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans 10 minutes; turn out on wire racks to cool thoroughly.