1. Cut core from a head of cabbage, remove outer leaves, then place core side down on a
microwave proof plate. Cook for 8-9 minutes till you can peel the leaves off easily. You will need
8-10 leaves depending on the size.
2. In mixing bowl combine the soup, diced tomatoes and water. Set aside.
3. Spread the sauerkraut evenly on the bottom of a large baking dish.
4. In large bowl mix together ground beef, rice, garlic, salt, pepper and basil. Then stir in HALF
the tomato soup mixture.
5. Fill the cabbage leaves with the meat mixture. Roll and use a toothpick to secure the edges of the
leaves together. Place in a single layer in the baking dish. Cover with remaining tomato mixture.
6. Cover and bake at 325º till meat is thoroughly cooked and cabbage leaves are tender. At least 2 hours.
The cabbage rolls are better when cooked slower and longer.