• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
• 1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Blend (see below) or packaged low-sodium taco seasoning
• ¼ cup water
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
• ½ medium ripe avocado
• 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 dash garlic powder
• Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
• 6 cups shredded lettuce
• 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
Taco Seasoning Blend:
• 2 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
• 2 tsp. ground black pepper
• 2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• ½ tsp. dried oregano
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
3. Add taco seasoning and water; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until most water has evaporated. Remove from heat. Set aside.
4. Heat a medium nonstick skillet pan over medium high heat. Lightly coat skillet with spray. Add tortilla strips; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Mash avocado in a small bowl with a fork.
6. Add lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt (if desired); mix well.
7. Divide lettuce evenly between four serving bowls. Top with turkey mixture, tomatoes, avocado mixture, and tortilla strips; serve immediately.