1. Cook macaroni in boiling water to al dente.
2. While macaroni is cooking cut up the extra sharp cheddar cheese into small cubes. Mom always used
Cracker Barrel brand but I can't buy it in Woodsfield any more. Buy a good name brand cheese,
3. Once macaroni is cooked to al dente, drain well. Keeping the macaroni in the same pan, and over
low heat, melt the butter then stir in the flour till well mixed.
4. Stir in the cheese cubes. **If you keep the cheese coated lightly with flour as you cut them it keeps
them from sticking together.
5. After you have added the cheese then pour milk over the top, high enough to just cover the macaroni
6. Pour into greased casserole dish and bake uncovered at 350º till the edges are bubbly and the top is
golden brown. The milk should be pretty well absorbed by this point and the casserole will be nicely
thickened. Let sit for 5 or so minutes before serving.