1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground sausage
1 yellow onion - finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce (I made my own - recipe below)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger (I omit because I don't like ginger)
1 - 16 oz. bag coleslaw mix with carrots (I just shredded a cabbage and carrots so I think I had more than this.)
2 green onions, chopped diagonally
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Rice - cooked
1) In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce and hoisin sauce, then set aside.
2) In a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef / sausage until browned.
3) Drain fat, if necessary.
4) Season with salt, pepper, ginger and red pepper flakes, then stir in sesame oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until onion is softened.
5) Stir in soy sauce and hoisin sauce, then mix in coleslaw and carrots and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until cabbage has just wilted.
6) Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then remove from heat.
7) Serve hot with rice and garnish with chopped green onions.