1. If phyllo dough is frozen, remove from pkg., do not unfold, thaw in a slightly damp towel in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Bake time approx.. 2 1/2 hours. Pan size 11x16 inch with 1-1/2 inch sides. Butter well.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan on low temp till boils, approx. 10 minutes. Cool, and skim off crusty layer from clear melted butter and place clear melted butter in a bowl.
4. Take out 1 Ib. thawed phyllo dough. Keep the perfect sheet for top layer. Start layering sheets of phyllo into pan and brushing with a pastry brush onto every layer. 16-18 sheets layered & buttered. Work quickly as possible so sheets do not dry out. May keep sheets wrapped in damp towel during the process to prevent from drying out..
5. Spread evenly all the nuts to top layer and dribble 3-4 Tbsp. melted butter over nuts.
6. Unwrap the second phyllo dough & again layering 16-18 layers with brushed melted butter in between each layer.
7.May freeze 10 minutes to make cutting easier. Use the point of the knife to cut a straight 1 1/2 inch line down the length of the pan. Now again at a diagonal cut, cut 1 1/2 inch diamond shaped cuts in dough.
8. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 1/2 hours till golden brown. Use the center middle rack of the oven.
Remove from the oven& immediately pour the pastry sugar of melted butter boiled with sugar & orange juice till sugar is melted. Pour it over baked hot baklava. Set aside and cool.
9. This baklava is best served in its own pan. Do not have to refrigerate. Cover loosely with foil. Last a long time.