For the pudding: Generously grease a 6 c. ring mold and set aside.
1. In medium sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs; then mix in persimmon purée (or applesauce), vanilla, lemon juice, and water.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice. Blend well.
4. Stir in nuts, and raisins or dates ( if desired).
5. Pour batter into the mold. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave on med-high (70%) for 23 minutes, rotating the dish after 11 minutes.
6. Let stand covered for 15 minutes. To serve, invert hot pudding onto a plate. Serve with lemon sauce or dust with powdered sugar. If made ahead, store at room temperature for up to 2 days. To re-steam, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on med (50%) for 15 minutes.
To make the lemon sauce: place ½c. butter in a 4 c. measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) for 1 min. With a wire whip beat in sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, water, and egg. Blend well. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) for 4-5 mins, beating with wire whip every minutes. Sauce will thicken as it cool. Makes 1½ c.