1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Brown ground beef in fat (beef may contain enough fat for browning).
3. Push beef aside and add onions and garlic; cook slowly til transparent.
4. In large pan put tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, dried basil, oregano, pepper and bay leaf. Cover and simmer 1 hour or til thickened.
5. Cook your strips of noodles in salt water, drain.
6. Slice Mozzarella cheese.
7. Spread ¼ of sauce in baking pan. Add layer of noodles in pan; a layer of Mozzarella cheese using about ⅓; then layer of grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat ... ending with sauce & Parmesan.
8. Bake about 40 minutes.