1. in a medium saucepan melt butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. once melted, set aside to cool slightly
2. in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
4. add the cooled chocolate mixture and blend until just combined
5. while mixing add the flour mixture slowly and blend until just combined
scrape down the sides. then cover the dough and refrigerate about 1 hour.
preheat oven to 325 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper . using a tablespoon ice cream scoop and arrange 2 inches apart. flatten slightly
bake cookies about 12 minutes.
7. while cookies are baking, cut the large marshmallows in half. When cookies have baked, remove from oven and press one marshmallow half into the center of each cookie. return to the oven and bake another 2-3 mins. allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
8. Prepare cookie icing by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl and mixing together. place wire cooling rack with cookies on it over a baking sheet to catch any excess icing. spoon a small amount of icing onto the top of each marshmallow and use the back of a spoon to spread over the top. then sprinkle with sprinkles.