- 2 loaves of oven dried, white bread
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 sleeve of crushed saltine crackers
- 1 pound of bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 7 cups of stocks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of dried sage leaves
- 1 tbsp of poultry seasoning
- 3 beaten eggs
- ¼ stick of melted butter
- Your choice of gravy
Preheat oven to 350º
Crumble oven-dried bread into a large bowl along with rice, and saltine crackers.
Cook sausage in a large skillet until it starts to brown.
Add celery and onion, saute until transparent, 5-10 minutes.
Pout over bread and rice mixture. Add stock and mix well.
Add salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning. Mix well.
Add the beaten eggs and melted butter. Mix well.
Pour stuffing mixture into a greased pan and bake until golden brown, approximately 45 minutes.