1 cup long-grain white rice
1 ½ cups chicken stock or broth
2 tbsp onion, finely diced
2 tbsp celery, finely diced
2 tbsp carrot matchsticks, finely diced
2 tbsp butter
Kosher salt to taste
Pepper to taste
½ tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Heat a heavy=bottomed sauce pan over medium heat, then add the butter. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring the
stock or broth to a boil.
3. When the butter gets foamy, add the diced onion, celery and carrots and saute until the onion is slightly translucent,
about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the uncooked rice and saute, stirring constantly, for about a minute, or until the rice is fully coated with the melted
5. Add the hot stock or broth, bring it back to a boil, then cover and place the entire pot in the oven.
TIP: Check the seasoning of the cooking liquid and make any adjustments before the pot goes in the oven.
6. Cook the rice pilaf in the oven for 18 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. If after 18 minutes there's still liquid
in the pot or the rice is still too moist, re-cover and return to the oven for another 2 -4 minutes.
7. Remove the pot from the oven and gently fluff the rice with a wooden fork. Then place a paper towel across the top
of the pot, replace the lid and let the rice pilaf stand for 10 minutes.